Protecting Children’s Coverage Advocacy Toolkit
Please bookmark federaladvocacy.aap.org to your bookmarks! Congress continues to consider health care reforms, and most recently the U.S. House of Representatives released the American Health Care Act, which the AAP opposed. Our toolkit was designed to equip pediatricians to advocate to preserve the gains in children’s coverage throughout this debate. If you do take action by writing an op-ed or meeting with your legislators, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Current Advocacy Events
DE AAP presentation at Dover Legislative Hall at Kids Caucus
Tuesday, May 10 11AM to 1pm
Please Join Us
Find Your Legislator
AAP State Advocacy
We preserve, promote and protect the rights of children for optimal health and well being and to work tirelessly to advocate for these rights.: to preserve, promote and protect the rights of children for optimal health and well being and to work tirelessly to advocate for these rights.
- Visit with the Kids Caucus in Legislative hall in Dover held annually in May
- Attend Governor’s signing of e-cigarette bill banning sale and possession by minors
- DE AAP grants $1000 to resident to attend the AAP national legislative conference in Washington, DC
Held Annually in May – Kids Caucus
in Dover’s Legislative Hall
Dr. Krishna White and Dr. Catherine Zorc attend Governor Markell’s signing of bill to prevent sale of e-cigarrettes to minors.
Attendees from AI duPont Hospital for Children
- Abigail Strang, MD 3rd year pediatric resident
- Dustin Flannery, MD 3rd year pediatric resident, Chief Resident 2014-2015
- Vishal Patel, MD Medicine-Pediatrics resident
- Alissa Werzen, 3rd year medical student Thomas Jefferson